Senior Electrical Engineer I
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to the Head of Department at basis level and to the Lead Electrical Engineer at project level.
- Implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policies as required by project.
- Review Company contractual requirements, scope boundaries and support the Lead Engineer with the Management of change on assigned areas.
- Manage interfaces with equipment and package suppliers to comply with technical requirements, specifications and Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Ensure that that all risks related to his/her area or responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required.
- Support the Lead Engineer on verification activities as required by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent the Electrical Engineering discipline during meetings, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews and be responsible for an effective and timely resolution of identified issues.
- Provide technical support related to Electrical activities at the fabrication site, whenever required.
- Ensure the technical integrity of all Electrical Engineering activities and deliverables for work performed through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements.
- Continuously seek to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Electrical Engineering Discipline development and experience transfer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work experience requirements:
- Must have minimum 8 years of work experience in medium/large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the Upstream Oil and Gas sector and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces.
- Prepared electrical philosophies and specifications for electrical systems for concept, FEED and detail engineering projects as necessary.
- Experience in electrical power system design and handling of power system studies.
- Dimensioning and calculation of electrical networks (High and Low voltage).
- Prepare Technical Requisitions for electrical packages like High and Low voltage switchgear, Transformers, Bulk materials etc.
- Input and Follow up of vendor documentation.
- Participate during Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)/Site Acceptance Test (SAT).
- Perform electrical calculations like cable sizing, lighting and heat tracing using relevant software’s.
- Client liaison regarding technical clarifications and queries.
- Co-ordinate electrical design within own discipline and on a multidiscipline level.
- Administration of tags in EIS (set up, define control objects, link to activity, data input etc.).
- Cable administration in relevant database like cabsys, AVEVA.
- Familiarity with Equinor systems (STID, STID TAG, procosys, Stidele, cable routing, SAP) will be a distinct advantage.
- Produce new and revise existing documentation and drawings in accordance with project document schedule.
- Assist in preparation of bulk material MTO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards including but not limited to IEC, NORSOK, DNV and other relevant standards related to Electrical Design and Engineering.
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people at all levels.
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyses problems and provide focused solutions.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 1 December 2022
Apply for the position