Senior Electrical Designer II
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Assist lead Designer/Engineer in establishing the discipline deliverable list & procedures, interface definition and co-ordination.
- Production, modification and review of documents and drawings as per discipline deliverable list.
- Carrying out all tasks assigned by lead designer in accordance with the discipline procedures and practices.
- To carry out / involve in 3D and/ or 2D design and model reviews, hookups, wiring drawings, installation drawing, MTO generation
- Identifying external interfaces and supplying timely information
- Define resources needed to perform the work
- Ensure that the work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and always ensure ethical behaviour.
- Strive to continually upgrade competence level of self.
- Encourage to and always seek improvements to the project costs and schedule
- Refer to generic discipline deliverable list for details of discipline deliverables
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in electrical detailed design and engineering for offshore/onshore oil and gas projects including FPSO, process platform, HVDC converter platforms.
- Experience in using PDMS/E3D for cable ladder, trays, and equipment modelling.
- Experience in preparation of single line diagrams, layout drawings, cable block diagrams, interconnection diagrams etc. using MicroStation.
- Well experienced in Generation of Cable Tray, Cable & Cable Gland MTO’s.
- Experience in lighting and small power, heat tracing design.
- Production of and review of new documentation and drawings as directed by lead engineer
- Revision of new and existing project documentation and drawings
- Review 3D and/or 2D design
- Quality control assurance and improvement of the discipline work and implementation method
- Support the lead engineer in meeting project schedules and budgets along with other team members
- Ensuring that the personnel under his supervision are familiar with applicable project procedures, practices, and special project requirements
- Experience in supporting site teams by resolving site queries/issued.
- Diploma/Degree holder in Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of standard 2D drafting tool Microstation/Autocad.
- Thorough knowledge of 3D drafting tool PDMS/E3D.
- Experience in Cabsys, STID and Nodal diagrams will be a distinct advantage.
- Exposure to /Involvement in Yard Fabrication activities.
- Conversant with oil & gas industry standards such as API, IEC etc.
- A high level of energy and ability to work under pressure and complexity
- Genuine interest and appreciation of people
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 1 December 2022
Apply for the position