Senior Engineer Automation - Offshore Wind
Due to a growing market within renewable energy / offshore wind, Aibel see the need to further strengthen and increase manpower in the offshore wind department in Haugesund. This department is part of the business unit Field Development and Offshore Wind and counts today 55 engineers in Haugesund. We need to increase the staff in several disciplines due to many ongoing and future projects within high voltage substations (HVDC or HVAC), offshore wind parks and electrification projects.
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced automation engineer who can contribute in Aibel’s exciting future within renewable energy / offshore wind.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Discipline engineer and/or discipline lead Automation in large projects
- Safety automation design for Study, FEED or EPC projects
- Define and specify Automation and SAS system design for Safety Instrumented Systems
- Development of automation philosophies & solutions to the required level
- Development of automation SAS programming basis (i.e SCD, C&E, FPDS, Functional Specifications) to the required level
- Participation in multidiscipline design and review activities
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for automation discipline as required
- Interface to other disciplines, contractors and client
- Master or bachelor degree – Automation
- Minimum 5 years of experience with industrial automation control system design, preferably within O&G projects on the Norwegian continental shelf or the OW sector.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of automation design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, ISO, DNVGL and IEC.
- Ability to understand and implement requirements stated in new standards.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Good multidiscipline understanding
- Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
- Knowledge of Norwegian language can ba an advantage
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Line Manager Kristian Olafsrud, +47 47337557, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 15.03.2023