Senior Engineer Electrical
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle.
We are now looking for Principal Electrical Engineers who can design and specify electrical system solutions and electric power strategy for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases and who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects, offshore wind parks and hydrogen facilities.
Your responsibilities and typical tasks, depending on project, will be:
- Electrical design for Study, FEED or EPC projects
- Define, specify and design high and low voltage electrical systems and packages
- Develop and assist in design of electrical philosophies, topologies, single line diagrams, load list system description and specify electrical system solutions and strategies.to the required level according to client requirements.
- Design of PMS/PDCS systems
- Perform and follow up electrical system calculations, analyses and assessments
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for electrical discipline
- Interface to other disciplines, contractors and client
- Participate and contribute to digitalization processes to help secure improvements in working methods
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience with electrical system design, preferably within O&G projects on the Norwegian continental shelf, the OW sector or onshore facilities
- Experience within electrical system design and electrical distribution design at LV and HV distribution levels.
- Experience with electrical system calculations using recognized software such as Febdok and Paladin
- Experience and thorough knowledge of electrical design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, ISO, DNVGL and IEC.
- Ability to understand and implement requirements stated in new standards.
- Seek cost-effective solutions adopted to the relevant application
- Willingness to learn
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for a multicultural working environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Systematic and accurate
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Knowledge of written and spoken English required
- Knowledge of Norwegian language would be advantageous
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager, Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom, Geir Tandstad - phone +47 48 89 14 19
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 04.12.2022