Senior Engineer Electrical
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Senior Engineers who can strengthen our Electrical department in Oslo. You will contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects and hydrogen facilities.
About the position
Aibel's Electrical Engineers design and specify electrical systems solutions and strategies for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Electrical design for Study, FEED or EPC projects
- System lead, Discipline lead or Team lead for electrical in projects
- Define, specify and design high and low voltage electrical systems and packages
- Develop and assist in design of electrical philosophies, strategies, topologies, single line diagrams, load list, system description, PMS/PDCS systems and electrical system solutions
- Discipline planning, follow-up deliverables and administration of discipline
- Perform and follow up electrical system calculations, analyses and assessments
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for electrical discipline
- Interface to other disciplines, contractors and client
- Participate and contribute to digitalization processes to help secure improvements in working methods
- Bachelor or master's degree in Power Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience with electrical system design from greenfield projects within Oil and gas, Offshore Wind sector or onshore facilities
- Experience within electrical system design and electrical distribution design at LV and HV distribution levels
- Experience and thorough knowledge of electrical design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, ISO, DNV and IEC
- Ability to understand and implement requirements stated in new standards
- Efficient communicator, who communicates well in English - Both orally and in writing
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- A natural team player, but possess the ability to work independently
- Systematic and accurate, with high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, with a willingness to learn, seek advice and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager, Tim Robert Skaftestad, 99648544, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 28.12.2023