Senior Engineer - Field Instrumentation
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Senior Engineers who can strengthen our Instrumentation department in Oslo. Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil & Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects and hydrogen facilities.
About the position
You will contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. Our Instrumentation Engineers design and specify Instrumentation systems solutions and strategies for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases. You'll be technical responsible (PRE) for one or more instrument procurement packages, including follow-up supplier’s deliveries. As well as being possible Field Instrumentation lead in projects, and develop Instrumentation philosophies & solutions to the required level. We hope you like to be in the interface with other disciplines, contractors and clients.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Selection of type of instrument based on application
- Develop Technical Requisitions for procurement of instruments
- Participate in multidiscipline design and review activities
- Participate in and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews related to field instrumentation
- Participate in developing/improving working methods through digital tools
- Minimum 5 years' experience with field instrumentation and control valves engineering
- Preferably experience within greenfield O&G projects on the Norwegian continental shelf, in the Offshore Wind sector or Hydrogen related projects
- Thorough knowledge of field instrumentation design
- Experience with statutory requirements and relevant directives/standards such as NORSOK, DNV, ATEX, ISO, IEC
- Efficient communicator in English - both orally and in writing
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Systematic and accurate, with high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Eager to learn and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, passionate about improving methodology through digital tools
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager Instrument – Bjorn Kristian Andersen, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +4795061614
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 13.03.2024