Senior System Engineer - HVAC
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
Are you ready to make your mark in the engineering world? Aibel is looking for experienced Senior HVAC System Engineers to join our dynamic team. Aibel offers a unique chance to be part of the future in the renewable energy sector, including offshore wind, and the evolving landscape of low carbon and zero emissions solutions in the oil and gas segment. We're also pioneering early-phase work in the fields of synthetic fuels and carbon capture.
About the position
As a Senior HVAC System Engineer at Aibel, you will be involved in conceptual design, as well as FEED and detailed engineering projects. Throughout all our studies and projects, you will collaborate with highly skilled multidisciplinary teams, dedicated to delivering accurate technical solutions for our clients across various business segments.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Analyzing the contract and relevant specifications, and engaging in technical discussions with the client
- Defining system design philosophy and design basis for HVAC systems, develop control philosophy, and operation philosophy
- Conducting air flow rate calculations based on ventilation requirements, transmission losses and heat emissions in rooms
- Contributing to the production of schematic D&ID drawings on CAD
- Ensuring seamless coordination of HVAC with area design group and other disciplines
- Selecting HVAC equipment in terms of capacity and suitability, collaborating with HVAC equipment vendors
- Providing input to the Master Equipment List (MEL)
- Evaluating natural and mechanical ventilation systems
- Master or Bachelor in relevant field
- Engineering experience: You have minimum 5 years HVAC system engineering experience from larger engineering projects and have knowledge of engineering standards like NORSOK and ISO 15138
- Engineering skills: You have very good knowledge of HVAC system engineering with focus on ventilation systems. Knowledge of refrigeration, chilled water systems and sewage systems will also be valued
- Independence & Teamwork: You are able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Communication Excellence: You have strong communication skills and can express yourself clearly
- Deadline Dedication: You are committed to meeting deadlines and maintaining high-quality standards
- Proactive Engagement: You actively seek advice, share your experiences, and collaborate seamlessly with colleagues
- Proficient English: You communicate fluently in English, both written and verbally
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager Lukasz Slabik, (+47) 966 56 956, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023