Senior Engineer HVAC - Offshore Wind
Due to a growing market within renewable energy / offshore wind, Aibel see the need to further strengthen and increase manpower in the offshore wind department in Haugesund. This department is part of the business unit Field Development and Offshore Wind and counts today 55 engineers in Haugesund. We need to increase the staff in several disciplines due to many ongoing and future projects within high voltage substations (HVDC or HVAC), offshore wind parks and electrification projects.
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced HVAC engineer who can contribute in Aibel’s exciting future within renewable energy / offshore wind.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Discipline engineer and/or discipline lead HVAC in large projects
- Participate in tender work and studies.
- System design philosophy/design basis for HVAC systems with respect to functional requirements, control philosophy, operation philosophy
- Coordinate and follow up of the HVAC system design and the area design
- Evaluation of natural/mechanical ventilation
- Calculations of air flow rate based on ventilation requirement and heat emission in rooms
- Selection of HVAC equipment with regard to capacity and suitability
- Cooperation with HVAC equipment vendors
- Calculation of HVAC utility requirements
- Input to MEL (Master Equipment List)
- Input for production of schematic drawings on CAD
- Ensure coordination of the HVAC design with other disciplines
- Master or bachelor degree
- Min 5 years working experience within HVAC system or area design
- Discipline lead HVAC in large projects
- Experience from large projects
- Experience from multidiscipline teams
- Experience with HV equipment
- Experience from projects outside Norway (England/Germany/Holland)
- Experience with follow-up of vendors
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Good multidiscipline understanding
- Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
- Knowledge of Norwegian language can ba an advantage
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Line Manger Kristian Olafsrud, +47 47337557, email@example.com
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 15.03.2023