Senior Engineer I (Structural)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Responsible for performing structural analysis and design calculations of topsides modules of offshore steel structures (FPSO and Fixed Platform structures) using SACS (or SESAM and Staad.pro) software in a multi-discipline engineering environment, preparation of calculation reports, MTO, review of the comments from client and verification bodies and incorporating them in the design and reports
- Provide input for 3D modelling and drawing preparation, Checking of drawings, Review of vendor drawings and Inter-discipline Activities
- Report to and provide support to the Lead Structural Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head – Structural Engineering at the basis level. Perform structural analysis and calculations of primary, secondary and outfitting (tertiary) steel as assigned by the lead engineer or supervisor in a project. Be flexible to accommodate the changes in roles and responsibilities as needed, while working in a project.
- Be responsible for the technical correctness, quality and progress of the structural engineering scope and tasks assigned in a project and issue the structural deliverables as per project schedule and within man hours budget.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all structural engineering design activities and deliverables in the assigned tasks, through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to assigned scope of work.
- Be a good team player, share information, contribute to positive working environment and promote cooperation
- Be familiar with and implement company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Structural Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of design on projects for assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary Structural engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Be responsible for and manage the Structural Engineering technical interfaces with other contractors, equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Be available to work in other locations of Aibel or client offices for a specified duration, if there is a requirement in the project
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ Senior Structural Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work experience requirements:
- A total experience in the range of 6 to 10 years, serving in the capacity of senior structural engineer, performing structural analysis and calculations in a multi-discipline engineering setup for oil & gas projects.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Upstream oil & gas projects, performing structural analysis and design of offshore structures like, topsides modules of FPSOs and Fixed platforms, using SACS software.
- Applicant must have experience in:
- Structural analysis and calculations for design of primary, secondary and tertiary steel structures of topsides modules of offshore structures (FPSOs and Fixed platforms) using SACS software
- Providing input to designers for modelling and structural detailing of topsides modules
- Checking of structural drawings and preparation of MTO
- Review of vendor drawings and multi-discipline interfaces
- Exposure to international standards such as API / AISC, NORSOK, DNV and Eurocodes for structural design of topsides modules is mandatory.
- Experience in working on Greenfield and brownfield offshore oil & gas projects and also in various phases of upstream projects like FEED, Basic and detailed engineering phases.
- Possess an excellent understanding of structural analysis and design of offshore structures and multi-discipline interfaces
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering
- Advanced level analysis skills in SACS software and a minimum of 4 years of experience in SACS.
- Experience is developing spreadsheets using Mathcad is required.
- Basic working knowledge of 3D softwares like E3D / PDMS and Navisworks is required.
- Knowledge in other structural analysis softwares like SESAM and Staad.Pro will be an added advantage
- A strong background in structural mechanics and structural behavior of offshore structures is mandatory
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Effective in written and verbal communication skills to write project reports and present technical issues to the design team and external parties.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 1 December 2022
Apply for the position