With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle.
We are now looking for Senior Instrumentation Engineers who can design and develop instrumentation solutions and strategies for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases and who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects, offshore wind parks and hydrogen facilities.
Depending on project, typical tasks will be:
- Instrumentation lead (possibility in certain projects)
- Technical responsible for one or more instrument procurement packages and follow up supplier’s deliveries
- Selection of type of instrument based on application
- Develop Instrumentation philosophies & solutions to the required level
- Develop Technical Requisitions for procurement of instruments
- Participate in multidiscipline design and review activities.
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for instrumentation discipline as required
- Participate in developing/improving working methods through digital tools
- Interface with other disciplines, contractors and client
- Master’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or Technical College Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience with instrumentation engineering preferably within O&G projects on the Norwegian continental shelf or the Offshore Wind sector.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of instrumentation design and configuration compliant with statutory requirements and relevant directives/standards such as NORSOK, DNV, ATEX, ISO, IEC.
- Ability to understand and implement requirements stated in new standards.
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance of a multicultural working environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Systematic and accurate
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required
- Knowledge of the Norwegian language would be advantageous
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Geir Tandstad, Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 12.10.2022