Senior Engineer (PDMS Administrator)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Responsible for setting up of PDMS / E3D system for projects in line with company and project procedures within the stipulated time while starting up the project, managing the PDMS / E3D system of various projects and continuous technical support.
- Responsible for coordination with PDMS admin of Client and Subcontractors of the project.
- Administration of the PDMS / E3D Model, customization to suit the project requirements and support to multi-discipline end users of the model.
- Responsible for development and implementation of project specific Catalogues and Specifications for piping & pipe supports, structural, Electrical and Instrumentation disciplines in PDMS / E3D and setting up of project specific drawing templates in the drafting module of PDMS / E3D.
- Make sure that the integrity of the 3D model database is well maintained and regular transfer of information from 3D model to other IT systems is functioning properly as expected.
- Based on the client specifications, develop project specific modelling procedure and set up the 3D model accordingly. Conduct regular trainings to multi-discipline end users (designers) of the 3D model.
- Work closely with the discipline leads of the projects to understand their requirements and address their demand on time. Develop macros (in PML) to automate tasks, to improve the efficiency and avoid human errors.
- In case of any technical challenges, troubleshoot to resolve the issues on time and if required escalate to Superusers of PDMS / E3D in other locations for quick resolution. Plan task maintenance of model and create backups as per company procedures.
- Responsible for Clash management and Clash Reports. Clean up and Preparation of the 3D model for all Model reviews.
- Be familiar with the work flows of all the IT systems implemented in the project. Be proactive and provide your input to IT plan on time and highlight in advance if there are any technical challenges.
- Coordinate actively with other offices, for the projects executed from multiple locations, attend meetings and communicate effectively. Be flexible and ready to assume additional roles like CAD coordinator in a project.
- Minimum of 12 years of PDMS Administrator experience in oil & gas projects especially in offshore projects (FPSOs and fixed installations) in the capacity of PDMS Admin with similar job responsibilities described above. Must be familiar with the work flow of FEED and Detailed Engineering phases of offshore projects.
- Strong background in Aveva’s PDMS / E3D software, thorough working knowledge in all the modules of PDMS / E3D and experience in development and implementation of Cats and Specs of piping, pipe supports, structural and EIT is mandatory.
- Shall have working level computer literacy in PML and commonly used business software applications such MS Office.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree / Diploma in Mechanical engineering or Civil or Structural Engineering
- Must have experience as PDMS administrator in oil & gas projects, for a minimum period of 12 years and must be well versed in PDMS / E3D program.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.