Senior Engineer - Telecom
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Senior Engineers to strengthen our Telecom department in Oslo. As a Senior Engineer you will contribute to Aibel's exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. Our portfolio encompasses manned and unmanned operated Oil & Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HCDC), electrification projects and hydrogen facilities.
About the position
Aibel Telecom engineers design and specify telecommunication systems solution for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Development of telecom strategy, philosophy and design solutions for telecom systems, including communication network, remote operations, maintenance, monitoring, and new technologies for Study, FEED or EPC projects
- Follow up telecom packages (PRE), vendors and vendors technical documentation
- Interface with other disciplines, suppliers, other installatins and clients
- Develop and complete engineering documents and data registers
- Participate in relevant test activities
- Participate and contribute to improve and mature working methods
- Bachelor or Masters degree or relevant technical education
- Minimum 5 years experience from relevant design activities within Oil & Gas or Wind projects on the Norwegian continental shelf or other relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of telecom system design according to the relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, DNVGL and IEC
- Relevant practical experience may compensate for formal education
- Efficient communicator in English, both written and spoken
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Natural team player but able to work independently
- Systematic and accurate, with commitment to meeting deadlines and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions
- Ability to understand and implement requirements stated in new standards
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Trond Eilertsen, Department Manager, 992 72 192, email@example.com.
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 30.11.2023