Senior Engineer Telecom
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle.
We are now looking for Telecom Engineers who can design and specify telecom system solutions and strategy for engineering projects in concept, study, FEED and detail phases and who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects, offshore wind parks and hydrogen facilities.
- Development of telecom strategy, philosophy, and design solutions for telecom systems, including communication network, remote operations, maintenance, monitoring, and new technologies
- Follow up telecom packages (PRE), vendors and vendors technical documentation
- Interface to other disciplines, suppliers, other installations, and client
- Develop and complete engineering documents and data registers
- Participate in relevant test activities
- Participate in improving working methods
- Bachelor or Master Degree or relevant technical education
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from relevant design activities in green field oil and gas or wind projects
- Experience and knowledge of network and telecom design according to relevant standards
- Relevant practical experience may outweigh formal education.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Willingness to learn
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Systematic and accurate
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Knowledge of written and spoken English required
- Knowledge of Norwegian language would be advantageous
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom, Geir Tandstad - phone +47 48 89 14 19
Work Place: Oslo