Senior Engineers - Electrical
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for senior electrical engineers to strengthen our Concepts and Studies team in Stavanger, Haugesund and Bergen. As a senior electrical engineer, you will be responsible for electrical design for platforms, floaters and onshore plants in concepts and studies. The work will also include problem solving/optimization and finding new solution for given design challenges and responsibilities for electrical descriptions for studies.
About the position
This is a discipline role which requires both technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset, supported by understanding of the market mechanisms and the potential commercial impacts of selected solutions. Knowing Aibel’s business is not essential, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Responsible for Electrical design in Concept development and studies
- Support and assist Business Development (BD) within Electrical issues as well as marketing
- Conceptual design of electrical power systems
- Sizing of main components of an electrical power system
- Electrical system analysis to document feasibility and/or risks and margins
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical analysis software and tools and supporting others in building knowledge and ensure quality of work across the discipline
- Preferably Master's or Bachelor's degree
- Long relevant experience can compensate for a lack of formal education
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience and competence.
- Preferably experience with concept development work
- Knowledge of methods and technologies for Electrical design
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for Electrical
- Fluent in written and oral English, Norwegian is an advantage
- Open in communication
- Proactive and curious to achieve the project and group goals.
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables suitable for different maturity levels
- Multidisciplinary understanding
- Interest in conceptual work and study development
- Be a team player and be able to work independently
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce required deliverables
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager Concepts & Studies for Mod. & Yard Christian Svoren, tel. 97 94 13 97, email: email@example.com
Work Place: Stavanger, Haugesund, Bergen
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
We process applications continuously.Apply for the position