Senior Engineers - External environment
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for senior external environment engineers to strengthen our front-end department Concept and Studies in Oslo, Bergen, Haugesund, and Stavanger. As an external environment engineer, you will be responsible concepts and Studies participant in our designs and work in different phases, including concept development, studies at different levels, and support tenders.
About the position
This is a discipline role that requires both technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset, supported by an understanding of the market mechanisms and the potential commercial impacts of selected solutions. The work may be within any of the Aibel business units, including offshore wind, onshore and offshore oil and gas, hydrogen, aquaculture, and potentially other new business areas. Knowing Aibel’s business is not essential, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Primarily responsible for external environment design in concept and studies projects, and support on technical safety and other HSE matters as working environment
- Lead Environment discipline in teams
- Participate in development of methods and potential tenders
- Keep updated on rules and regulations
- Higher technical education (BSc, MSc)
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience
- Knowledge of a range of technologies and solutions within technical safety
- Thorough experience with External Environment, and basic competence in technical safety and Working Environment
- Knowledge of a range of technologies and solutions within environmental design aspects
- Preferably experience with floating wind, oil and gas, or other renewable energies
- Good knowledge of rules and regulations for environmental design in in various industries
- Good communication skills in English, both writing and speaking
- Have a keen interest in solving engineering tasks, challenging established solutions, and developing new designs
- Can work independently and lead discipline work
- Enjoy collaborating in expert groups with multidisciplinary understanding
- The capability of untraditional conceptual thinking and challenging established truth
- Value participation in creative processes
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Senior Concepts & Studies Manager Harald Inge Aakre, tel. 95881758, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Stavanger, Haugesund, Bergen, Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
We process applications continuously.Apply for the position