Senior Engineers - Mechanical
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for senior mechanical engineers to strengthen our Concepts and Studies team in Stavanger, Haugesund and Bergen. As a senior mechanical engineer you will be a key resource within Mechanical design in Concepts and Studies and responsible for Mechanical description in tenders for studies, in addition to perform early phase studies.
About the position
This is a discipline role which requires both technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset, supported by understanding of the market mechanisms and the potential commercial impacts of selected solutions. Knowing Aibel’s business is not a essential, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Responsible for Mechanical design in studies, including stationary and rotational design
- Responsible for developing Master Equipment List in studies
- Responsible for Mechanical in Concept development
- Support and assist Business Development (BD) within Mechanical issues as well as marketing
- Responsible for knowledge of relevant national and international rules and regulation (PSA, NORSOK, API and ISO etc.)
- Preferably Master's or Bachelor's degree
- Long relevant experience can compensate for a lack of formal education
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, preferably within both oil & gas and offshore wind
- Experience with concept development work
- Knowledge of methods and technologies for Mechanical design
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for Mechanical equipment
- Good communication skills in English
- Interest in conceptual work and study development
- Be a team player and be able to work independently
- Capability of untraditional conceptual thinking and challenging established truth
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce required deliverables
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our strategy is to strengthen and grow the company’s strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Senior Manager Einar Tvedt, email: einar. firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 900 99 208.
Work Place: Stavanger, Haugesund, Bergen
Application deadline: 09.06.2023
We process applications continuously.
Apply for the position