Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
While assigned to Project
- Close coordination with engineering and construction disciplines to update the quantity and cost based on the latest bill of quantities (piping, structural, painting, insulation, E&I, etc.).
- Incorporate compensation codes according to Project client price form with logical link to Engineering database.
- Estimate the cost for project scope changes.
- Estimate the rates for items which are not in the contract price form for client submission and agreement.
- Establish the man-hour and cost norms based on previous project data.
- Liaise with planning and construction disciplines to estimate the construction direct and indirect man-hours.
- Evaluate / update man-hour/cost estimates for carry over work and guarantee work.
- Prepare / update price forms with the latest quantities for obtaining subcontract quotes.
- Verify quantity measurements from Subcontractors.
- Reconciliation of final quantities for project reconciliation and final close out.
- Assist the Lead Cost Controller with inputs as needed for updating the estimate at completion (EAC).
- Work closely with Engineering and IT disciplines to ensure accuracy of Engineering data and import of data across engineering software (Cad, Engineering information database, PIMS, etc).
While assigned to tenders
- Review the tender documents and liaise with Client for technical / commercial clarifications.
- Lead/participate in tender kick off meetings.
- Liaise with Business Development, Engineering, Construction and SCM for preparing the cost estimate.
- Liaise with finance department to obtain the tax position, and cost of hedging as required.
- Prepare organization charts, manpower plan and cash flow curves.
- Review the contract and Liaise with legal department for contractual qualifications to be included in the tender.
- Input and review of risk elements with the tender team.
- Find opportunities for optimization to reduce cost and maximize project profit.
- Prepare cost estimate, price form and commercial qualifications, and review with Commercial Manager.
- Present the estimate and qualifications to upper management for review and approval.
- Ensure that group policies and procedures are adhered to, and tenders are submitted in compliance with client requirements.
- Attend pre/post tender meetings with client.
- Prepare the response for post tender clarifications.
- Facilitate handing over to project team upon award of the contract.
Work experience requirements:
- 5 to 10 years of Oil & Gas industry experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Estimation / Quantity surveying for FPSO / Platform / Topside Construction or modification projects.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering, Quantity surveying or Construction Management
- Proficient in the use of excel and ability to adapt quickly to new IT tools
- Effective problem-solving, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and ability to prepare and present reports
- Ability to travel at short notice / perform overtime work as required
- Ability to work effectively with people across various cultures
- Ability to prioritize and switch tasks in a busy and demanding environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to juggle different projects/tenders at the same time
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of official data and documents
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 10 December 2021
Apply for the position