Senior Estimator (2 years Contract)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Study tender documents to understand the scope of work.
- Review the tender documents and liaise with Client for technical / commercial clarifications.
- Lead Tender Kick off meetings.
- Liaise with Engineering, Construction and SCM for preparing the Cost Estimate.
- Liaise with financial department to obtain the tax position, and cost of hedging as required.
- Prepare organization charts, manpower plan and cash flow curves.
- Review the contract and Liaise with Legal Department for contractual qualifications to be included in the tender.
- Find opportunities for optimization to reduce cost and maximize project profit.
- Prepare cost estimate, price form and commercial qualifications, and review with Commercial Manager.
- Present the estimate and qualifications to Upper Management for review and approval.
- Ensure that group policies and procedures are adhered to, and tenders are submitted in compliance with client requirements.
- Attend pre/post tender meetings with client.
- Prepare the response for post tender clarifications.
- Facilitate handing over to project team upon award of the contract.
- Prepare / update estimate norms using data from past projects.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of Oil & Gas Industry experience
- 5 years of experience in Estimation / Quantity surveying for FPSO / Platform / Topside Construction or modification projects.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering, Quantity surveying or Construction Management
- Proficient in the use of excel and ability to adapt quickly to new IT tools
- Effective problem-solving, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and ability to prepare and present reports
- Ability to travel at short notice / perform overtime work as required
- Ability to work effectively with people across various cultures
- Ability to prioritize and switch tasks in a busy and demanding environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of official data and documents
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 28 Feb 2021
Apply for the position