Senior Instrumentation Designer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Assist lead Designer/Engineer in establishing the discipline deliverable list & procedures, interface definition and co-ordination
- Production, modification and review of documents and drawings as per discipline deliverable list
- Carrying out all tasks assigned by lead designer in accordance with the discipline procedures and practices.
- To carry out / involve in 3D and/ or 2D design and model reviews, hookups, wiring drawings, installation drawing, MTO generation
- Identifying external interfaces and supplying timely information
- Define resources needed to perform the work
- Ensure that the work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and ensure ethical behavior at all times. Unethical behavior shall not be tolerated
- Strive to continually upgrade competence level of self
- Encourage to and seek improvements to the project costs and schedule at all times
- Refer to generic discipline deliverable list for details of discipline deliverables
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures
- Min Diploma holder in Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of the software tools - Microstation. E3D and Aveva Instrumentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 8 to 16 years’ experience in a reputed multi-national Engineering company handling projects in offshore oil & gas industry.
- FPSO Engineering experience is preferred
- Be experienced in :
- E3D Instrument equipment & cable tray modelling
- Preparation of Schematics, layout drawings etc using microstation.
- Manual and Automatic Cable Routing in PDMS/E3D using “Cable Design 12.0” module from Aveva
- Preparation of Hookup drawings, cable block diagrams, wiring drawings, loop drawings in AVEVA Instrumentation.
- Generation of MTO’s, preparation of cable schedule
- Supporting site construction team by resolving site queries/issues.
- Strong industry knowledge in an MNC work environment would be an advantage