Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead/ Senior Instrumentation Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head - Instrumentation Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Instrumentation Discipline on assigned areas.
- Be responsible for progress of assigned Instrumentation Engineering scope and internal and external deliverables as per the budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for preparation of Field Instrumentation deliverables as per the schedule requirements of the project. These include but not limited to
- Instrumentation Design Basis
- Metering Philosophy
- Field Instrument/analyser/valve specifications and data sheets
- Technical Bid Evaluation Reports
- Review and Approve Instrument vendor documents
- Review and approve instrument related deliverables from Mechanical/Electrical Package vendors, participate in Mechanical package vendor evaluations.
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ package responsible Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Instrumentation Engineering design activities and deliverables for work performed by him/ her through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer”.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs).
- Experience in handling field instrumentation packages and related deliverables for offshore oil & gas projects
- Possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables and internal & external interfaces.
- Possess relevant design experience in reputed Engineering consultancy/organisation with development or update of typical Instrumentation Engineering deliverables such as but not limited to but not limited to Project Specifications and Philosophies, Field Instruments data sheets & specifications (Control valves, shutdown valves, Choke valves, Level Instruments, Pressure Instruments etc.), Metering Systems.
- Possess a good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation),IEC, NORSOK, EU Directives ATEx, IECex requirements and other relevant standards related to Instrumentation Design and Engineering.
- Petrobras project experience and/or detailed knowledge of Equinor Technical requirements is strongly preferred.
- Experienced in handling Instrument procurement packages as a Package Responsible engineer. Must have handled complete cycle from datasheets, RFQ, Technical bid evaluation, Purchase requisition, post order vendor drawing review/approval.
- Hands on experience in AVEVA engineering and AVEVA Instrumentation would be an advantage.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Instrument Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Must be pro-active, seeking advice and share own experience with others
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates wil be notified.