Senior Material Handling Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Senior Material Handling Engineer shall provide relevant technical expertise, which shall include but not limited to, Preparation of Material handling Philosophy/Specification, Study of material handling requirements, establishing special lifting equipment, handling procedures, human factor engineering and Preparation of detailed material handling reports with the list of material handling equipment.
The successful candidate shall
- Report and Provide support to Piping Lead on assigned projects and report to the Department Head at the basis level
- Review Client’s technical requirements for material handling and establish the philosophy/ procedure, as appropriate, to respective equipment / packages
- Be familiar with overall layout requirement, as applicable, to specific offshore projects, such as, Well heads, Process platforms and FPSO
- Be familiar with the material handling requirements, as appropriate, to the phase of the projects such as, Conceptual study, FEED and Detail engineering
- Perform thorough studies for the components require material handling with respect to weight and component size for various type of equipment as per Safety, Operation and Maintenance requirements
- Provide effective solutions for handling major rotating equipment such as Compressor, GTGs, WHRU, Pumps, Heat exchangers, Critical valves and Piping inline Instrument and Special items
- Have specific project experience in the Material handling for FPSO Topsides, which include requirements, such as, Turret/Riser Hull and Flare Tips
- Have thorough knowledge about all types of Cranes and its restrictions
- Work closely with Piping Layout lead in establishing the material handling routes and ensure incorporating the reserve volumes in the 3D model
- Interact closely with Mechanical Engineer in identifying specific material handling requirements within and outside the supplier package limits and participate in meeting with Suppliers for handling requirements
- Interact closely with Safety Engineer(s) for safety requirements including Drop Object study
- Interact with Client/ Company operational personnel for arriving consensus for Lifting Plan, handling methodology within the Topsides and any requirement outside the modules such as Supply boats
- Prepare list of material handling equipment with specific requirements including make
- Prepare detailed material handling reports with the PDMS snapshots
- Be responsible for Material handling Study, recommendations and deliverables to ensure that the design complies with the specification, integrity and quality requirements of the project
- Be responsible to incorporate the specific project requirements
- Participate in model reviews to explain the material handling facilities and methodology
- Participate in workshops and Review meetings such as Hazid, HFE and Constructability
- Provide technical support for Handling Site Queries, Punch List Items and coordinating with the field team
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must have a minimum of 12 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of senior positions.
- Applicants must have practical experience of having worked for offshore projects and preferred if NCS and UKCS sectors
- Applicants must have prior work experience with similar roles and possess a clear understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Applicant must possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant oil and gas industry standards such as but limited to ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS and European Regulations
- Applicant is expected to have computer literacy and in particular Navisworks and 3D Review Model
- Applicant must have, as a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Applicant must have excellent technical communication (verbal and written) skills to present technical issues to Design teams, Project management, Client and Approving Authorities.
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, take independent action, analyse problems and provide clear solutions to assigned projects.
- Applicant shall be a team player and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.