Senior Pipe Stress Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Senior Pipe Stress Engineer shall provide the relevant technical expertise essentially in the Pipe Stress Engineering. This shall include but not limited to - Prepare Technical Specification, Establish the Standard, Develop design basis, Customize and optimize to suit the project requirement, interact with associated disciplines, manage interfaces on Oil and Gas projects in particular FPSO.
The successful candidate shall
- Report to, and provide support to the Piping Lead/ Pipe Stress Lead Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Department Head at the basis level.
- Review the Client’s technical requirements for Piping stress Engineering and establish the stress Design Basis/philosophy for various load cases , specification , Standards and guidelines for stress engineering execution
- Preparation of stress critical line list as per the critical line selection criteria
- Plan ,schedule and progress control for the critical computer Stress calculations and visual reviews
- Performs static analysis using CAESAR II for the load cases such as dead weight, sustained loads, Thermal expansion/contraction, Wave acceleration, Hag/sag Deflections, occasional and environmental loads, blast load, fatigue, slug, transportation, module lift and vibration Analysis.
- Provide effective stress solution for the Topside modules critical Piping and Deck Piping which involves equipment’s such as Compressor, Turbines, Pumps, vessels, separator ,Heat exchangers and Pipe rack Piping
- Provide technical solution for the non-critical line by performing visual reviews
- Monitoring, checking and approving of stress calculations as per the checking procedure
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with Piping Lead Engineer. Designers, Pipe support Engineers/Designers and Piping material engineers
- Managing the interface with Process engineer, Structural Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and Safety Engineer for the assigned Module/Area for stress activities
- Vendor drawing review for the static Equipment’s/ Rotating Equipment’s/ Packages and ensure all the piping loads are within the recommended limit
- Stress check on the IFC Isometrics / Pipe supports
- Preparation of stress Isometrics and stress reports
- Review and provide technical inputs on critical Pipe support design and/or Pipe stress related technical matters.
- Be responsible for Pipe stress Engineering activities and deliverables to ensure that the design complies with the specification, integrity and quality requirements of the project.
- Be responsible to incorporate the specific technical requirements in the Piping engineering design such as, vibration and fatigue
- Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Lead/ Senior stress Engineer.
- Possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines, such as, Energy Institute.
- Possess excellent knowledge of and must have accrued hands on experience with International Codes and Standards.
- Prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Experience in FPSO projects and HPHT services preferred
- Have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and specific software such as PDMS/E3D and Caesar II.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- A self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
Apply for the position
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.