Senior Piping Desginer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Perform 3D-modeling using E3D/PDMS for Mechanical, Safety, Soft Volumes, Escape & Transport Routes, Access & Material Handling Routes, Equipment modelling, Package modelling with required TP points, Piping and Pipe supports.
- Be familiar with Off-shore facilities – Platforms and FPSO layout design, Material handling, Piping/ Pipe support design, safety requirements, Conduct 3D Model Reviews as per the Project requirements
- Manage the interface with Process engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Safety Engineer and Project Engineer for the assigned Module/Area
- Review Vendor drawing for the static Equipment / Rotating Equipment / Packages and ensure all the Nozzle orientations, Vessel cleats and Support requirements are in line with Design Requirements
- Prepare MTO for the Piping Bulk items, Valves and Specialty Tagged Items
- Perform and Checks the Model for Clashes on regular basis and collaborate with other disciplines for effective cleaning of the 3D Model to make it clash free on regular basis
- Perform Design Review on regular basis by using E3D/ PDMS / Navisworks for establishing the Layout / Piping design in accordance with P&Ids and meet the project requirements
- 2D Drawing preparation and checking for Plot plan, Equipment plan, Isometrics and pipe supports drawings by using AutoCAD/Micro station/MDS
- Effectively manage the design changes and provides appropriate solutions, as and when, needed during the Project execution.
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with stress engineers , Pipe support Engineers/Designers and Piping material engineers
- Guide and supervise the layout design team, as required.
- Support the Piping Lead in meeting project schedule and budget along with other team members
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
Work Experience Requirements
- Applicant must have a minimum of 12 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Lead Designer.
- Applicants must have accrued experience having worked for projects in the NCS and UKCS sectors
- Applicant must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Applicant shall demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout for Optimum design and cost-effectiveness.
- Applicant must have knowledge and experience in oil and gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines for layout design.
- Applicants shall have the familiarity of the requirements of Human factors and Technical safety philosophy and comply to project requirements
- Applicants shall have experience in Mechanical handling requirements and associated facilities required for effective handling
- Applicant must have, as a minimum a Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or ITE in Mechanical Engineering or ITI/NTC in Mechanical drafting
- Applicant must have excellent technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Applicant shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Applicants shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such as E3D, PDMS, MDS, Navisworks, Microstation, Autocad and MS Office