- Perform 3D-modeling using E3D/PDMS for Mechanical, Safety, Soft Volumes, Escape & Transport Routes, Access & Material Handling Routes, Equipment modelling, Package modelling with required TP points, Piping and Pipe supports.
- Manage the interface with Process engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Safety Engineer and Project Engineer for the assigned Module/Area
- Review Vendor drawing for the static Equipment / Rotating Equipment / Packages and ensure all the Nozzle orientations, Vessel cleats and Support requirements are in line with Design Requirements
- Prepare MTO for the Piping Bulk items, Valves and Specialty Tagged Items
- Perform and Check the Model for Clashes on regular basis and collaborate with other disciplines for effective cleaning of the 3D Model to make it clash free on regular basis
- Perform Design Review on regular basis by using E3D/ PDMS / Navisworks for establishing the Layout / Piping design in accordance with P&Ids and meet the project requirements
- Prepare 2D Drawing and check for Plot plan, Equipment plan, Isometrics and pipe supports drawings by using AutoCAD/Micro station/MDS
- Effectively manage the design changes and provides appropriate solutions, as and when, needed during the Project execution.
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with stress engineers , Pipe support Engineers/Designers and Piping material engineers
- Guide and supervise the layout design team, as required.
- Support the Piping Lead in meeting project schedule and budget along with other team members
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Minimum 8 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects)
- Accrued experience having worked for projects in the NCS and UKCS sectors is advantageous.
- Prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in similar roles and accountabilities, and has excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables is required.
- Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout for Optimum design and cost-effectiveness.
- Knowledge and experience in industry standards including ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines for layout design is required.
- Familiar with the requirements of Human factors and Technical safety philosophy and comply to project requirements.
- Experience in Mechanical handling requirements and associated facilities required for effective handling.
- Familiar with Off-shore facilities – Platforms and FPSO layout design, Material handling, Piping/ Pipe support design, safety requirements, Conduct 3D Model Reviews as per the Project requirements
- Minimum a Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or ITE in Mechanical Engineering or ITI/NTC in Mechanical drafting
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- A self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Effective inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such as E3D, PDMS, MDS, Navisworks, Microstation, Autocad and MS Office is advantageous.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.