Senior Piping Designer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Senior Piping Designer shall have hands-on experience on Piping and Layout design activities, which shall include, but not limited to – Piping layout design development for conceptual layout, FEED and detail engineering and associated activities such as pipe support detailing, requirements of material handling , access and egress, vendor drawing reviews, inter-discipline and external interfaces ,PDMS model review sessions and issue of layout and drawing deliverables.
The successful candidate shall
- Perform 3D-modeling using E3D/PDMS for Piping, Mechanical, Safety, Soft Volumes, Escape & Transport Routes, Access & Material Handling Routes, Equipment modelling, Package modelling with required TP points and Pipe supports.
- Perform and Check the Model for Clashes on regular basis and collaborate with other disciplines for effective cleaning of the 3D Model to make it clash free on regular basis
- Manage the interface with Process engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Safety Engineer and Project Engineer for the assigned Module/Area
- Review Vendor drawing for the static Equipment / Rotating Equipment / Packages and ensure all the Nozzle orientations, Vessel cleats and Support requirements are in line with Design Requirements
- Perform Design Review on regular basis by using E3D/ PDMS / Navisworks for establishing the Layout / Piping design in accordance with P&Ids and meet the project requirements
- Prepare MTO for the Piping Bulk items, Valves and Specialty Tagged Items
- Prepare 2D Drawing and check for Plot plan, Equipment plan, Isometrics and pipe supports drawings by using AutoCAD/Micro station/MDS
- Effectively manage the design changes and provides appropriate solutions in consultation with Lead
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with Client and In-house
- Support the Piping Lead in meeting project schedule and budget along with other team members
- Provide necessary 3D administrative support
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Minimum 8 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Lead Designer.
- Must have accrued experience having worked for projects in the NCS and UKCS sectors
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Shall demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout for Optimum design and cost-effectiveness.
- Must have knowledge and experience in oil and gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines for layout design.
- Shall have the familiarity of the requirements of Human factors and Technical safety philosophy and comply to project requirements
- Shall have experience in Mechanical handling requirements and associated facilities required for effective handling
- Must have, as a minimum a Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or ITE in Mechanical Engineering or ITI/NTC in Mechanical drafting
- Must have excellent technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such as E3D, PDMS, MDS, Navisworks, Microstation, Autocad and MS Office
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.