Senior Piping Designer l
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Be familiar with Oil and Gas Off-shore project facilities design, such as, Well Head, Process Platforms and FPSO layout.
- Design and Model, using E3D/PDMS/MDS for layout development which include- Equipment modelling, Piping layout and Model, Pipe supports selection and Model, Reserve Volumes for Access and Egress route, Material Handling and Transport Routes and third party input as appropriate.
- Check the 3D Model for Clashes on regular basis and collaborate with other disciplines for effective clash free 3D Model
- Review/Assist in Review Vendor drawings for the static Equipment / Rotating Equipment / Packages and ensure all the Nozzle orientations, Vessel cleats and Support requirements are in line with Design Requirements
- Interact with relevant disciplines- Process engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Safety Engineer and Project Engineer for the assigned Module/Area
- Prepare MTO for the Piping Bulk items, Valves and Specialty Tagged Items, to support Piping material engineer
- Participate in 3D Model Reviews by client and involve in the presentation using E3D/ PDMS / Navisworks for establishing the Layout / Piping design in accordance with P&Ids and meet the project requirements
- Check the Model for Piping and Pipe supports as per the check list for established maturity such as B1, B2 and C1
- Prepare 2D Drawings- Plot plan, Equipment plan, Isometrics and pipe supports drawings by using AutoCAD/Micro station/MDS
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with stress engineers, Pipe support Engineers/Designers and Piping material engineers
- Support the Design lead and Piping Lead in meeting project schedule and budget along with other team members
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in upstream oil & gas platforms and FPSO projects with an engineering Organisation
- Prior work experience in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables are advantageous.
- Preferably with experience for projects in the NCS and UKCS sectors
- Familiar with standards such as, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines for layout design will be advantageous
- Minimum a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Nitec or Higher Nitec in Mechanical drafting with more relevant experience could also be considered
- Able to demonstrate Piping and layout concept for Optimum design and cost-effectiveness.
- Familiar with the requirements of Human factors and Technical safety philosophy and comply to project requirements
- A self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, and provide clear technical solutions to assigned tasks
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client
- Effective inter-personal, and communication skills to communicate well with people at all levels in the organization considered as essential.
- Must have computer literacy in E3D/PDMS, MDS, Navisworks, Microstation, Autocad and MS Office and other software skill as advantageous
- PDMS administration skill considered as added advantage
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 10 November 2021
Apply for the position