The Senior Piping Engineer shall have hands on experience on the Engineering activities, which shall include, but not limited to Equipment and Piping layout, Piping stress analyses, Pipe support engineering, Piping Material and valve specifications, Material Take off, Procurement support and manage interfaces for Conceptual Studies, FEED and Detail engineering and EPC projects.
The successful candidate shall
- Report to, and provide support to the lead engineer on assigned projects and report to the Department Head at the basis level.
- Be responsible for the cost effective Piping and Layout solutions to company projects in compliance with relevant client requirements.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity for compliance to project HSE requirements relevant to the scope of work.
- Be responsible to prepare piping engineering philosophies and specifications such as Piping Design Basis, Pipe Stress Analyses Procedure, Pipe Support Standard, Piping &Valve Material Specification, Piping Insulation, NDT and Fabrication procedure
- Be responsible for and manage the technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, as appropriate, to ensure compliance to Standards & Project Specifications
- Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Liaison with quality/inspection responsible and ensure implementation of agreed inspection and testing plans and participate in resolution of quality issues.
- Be Responsible for conducting PDMS Model review to technically demonstrate the layout model for meeting the project requirements in terms of HSE, optimized arrangement, material handling and constructability
- Represent Piping Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to piping and layout design and be responsible for closeout of actions identified as required.
- Identify and manage resource requirements and supervise the distribution of tasks and guide the piping team on the project by providing technical solutions.
- Be responsible to align to the progress of Piping Engineering scope and internal and supplier deliverables, where applicable, as per the schedule of the project.
- Be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Piping Discipline on assigned projects
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Senior Piping Engineer. FPSO experience in Pre-FEED/ Conceptual and FEED preferred.
- EPC project experience will be given due weightage
- Project experience to NCS and UKCS sectors is advantageous
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Shall demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout engineering, procurement and cost-effectiveness, with a proven track record on projects in the upstream oil and gas sector.
- Shall possess demonstrable design experience pertaining to Piping Engineering deliverables, such as, Layout drawings, philosophy, specifications, data sheets and MTO.
- Must possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of Codes and Standards, such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other guidelines.
- Should have computer literacy, in commonly used business software applications, such as, PDMS/Navisworks, Autocad, MS Office and specific software to for stress analyses, pipe thickness, Branch reinforcement etc.
- Must have, as a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Must have excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
We regret that only
shortlisted candidates will be notified
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.