Senior Piping Stress Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
For general responsibilities, the job holder shall:
- Reports to Section Manager of Piping basis organization and report to the Piping Stress Lead when assigned to a project role.
- Ensure that all assigned work completed on time, project schedules and of the intended quality
- Interface with other organisational units for project related as required
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and always ensure ethical behaviour. Unethical behaviour shall not be tolerated
For project related responsibilities, the job holder shall:
- Responsible for piping stress engineering related activity
- Provide effective stress solution for the Topside modules critical Piping and Deck Piping which involves equipment’s such as Compressor, Turbines, Pumps, vessels, separator, Heat exchangers and Pipe rack Piping
- Coordinate on project specific issues with the Piping Stress Lead.
- Based on the client specifications, follow project specific procedure related to Piping Stress Engineering.
- Work closely with the piping stress lead of the project to understand their requirements and address their demand on time. Develop reports as required by the lead. Work closely with Piping Lead Engineer, Designers, Pipe support Engineers and Piping material engineers.
- In case of any technical challenges, troubleshoot to resolve the issues on time and if required escalate to piping stress lead for quick resolution. Plan tasks and issue the deliverables as per company procedures.
- Issue of discipline deliverables in project specific templates.
- Be familiar with the workflows in the project once they have been set up. Taking initiative and provide any input to the Piping Stress Lead on time and highlight in advance if there are any technical challenges.
- Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities
- Coordinate actively with other offices, for the projects being executed from multiple locations, attend meetings, and communicate effectively. Be flexible and ready to assume additional roles in the project.
Work experience requirements:
- Applicant must have between 8 to 15 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Offshore & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Stress Engineer.
- Performs stress analysis using CAESAR II for the load cases such as dead weight, sustained loads, Thermal expansion/contraction, Wave acceleration, Hog/sag Deflections, occasional and environmental loads, blast load, fatigue, slug, transportation, module lift and vibration Analysis.
- Preparation of stress critical line list as per the critical line selection criteria
- Applicants must be able to perform Welded Shoe and Trunnion calculations
- Applicants must be able to select springs and generate data sheets
- Applicants must be familiar in Stress check on the IFC Isometrics / Pipe supports
- Applicants must be familiar in preparation of stress Isometrics and stress reports
- Applicants must be familiar in review and providing technical inputs on critical Pipe support design and/or Pipe stress related technical matters.
- Applicant must have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Applicant must have excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems, and provide focused solutions to assigned projects
- Applicant shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization
- Applicants must be familiar with using Navisworks
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels
- Strong industry knowledge in an MNC work environment would be an advantage
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 8 December 2022
Apply for the position