Senior Planning Engineer (2 Years Contract)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Develop Level 4 Critical Path Schedule for EPC projects, taking into consideration contractual requirements and interfaces.
- Update the schedule on a regular basis according to project requirements.
- Prepare 2 weeks / 4 weeks look ahead schedule.
- Prepare procurement milestone schedule as required.
- Liaise with the disciplines, and external parties as required, to meet the schedule requirements.
- Identify slippage / progress from other parties and evaluate the consequences to the schedule.
- Analyse critical path and prepare recovery action in agreement with the project team.
- Liaise with other disciplines to prepare / incorporate schedule for variations.
- Prepare ‘S’ Curves, and Manpower Histograms in accordance with project requirements.
- Develop rundown curves for Engineering, Procurement and Construction deliverables.
- Prepare monthly and weekly project reports.
- Support Project Manager, Planning Manager and other project team with reports for analysis and decision-making.
- Attend periodic project meetings that take place in the office or at site.
- Assist the tender team by producing construction schedule for tenders.
- Any other ad hoc planning activities to support the projects / tenders.
Work experience requirements:
- More than 5 years of experience in EPC planning of FPSO / platform construction / modification projects
- Advanced working knowledge of Primavera P6 / Safran
- Proficient in the use of excel and ability to adapt quickly to new IT tools
- Ability to develop a resource loaded critical path schedule independently with minimum support from other disciplines
- Experience with change management
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering / Construction Management
- Fluency in English and ability to prepare and present reports
- Team player who can foster relationship with various stakeholders
- Effective problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel at short notice / perform overtime work as required
- Ability to work effectively with people across various cultures
- Ability to prioritize and switch tasks in a busy and demanding environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of official data and documents
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 09 July 2021
Apply for the position