Senior / Principal Engineer Marine
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right? We are now looking for a Senior / Principal Engineer Marine who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- Establish and review documentation related to fabrication yard mooring, load-out and lifting operations
- Planning and execution of mooring, load-out and lifting operations, including fabrication yard follow up activities
- Establish and review documentation related to offshore heavy lift & installation operations
- Handle interface with T&I Contractors
- Establish design of T&I Contractor requirements for the various operations, e.g. guide and bumper arrangement for offshore installation of modules, grillage for barge transport of modules, etc.
- Conceptual structural design and calculations
Education and work experience
- Relevant master or bachelor degree
- Familiarity with relevant standards such as (but not limited to) DNV GL offshore standards and ISO 19901-6
- Experience with similar work
- Familiar with use of scripting and programming for efficient analyses performance
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with particular focus on mooring, load-out, transport and offshore heavy lift installation operations.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge with SIMA
- Familiar with DNV Sesam software
What we are looking for
- Be systematic and accurate
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- English language required, Norwegian preferable
- Communicate well and able to guide others
- Excellent written presentation skills
- Must have in depth knowledge about load out operations and offshore module installation operations with use of Heavy Lift Vessel / Semi-Submersible Crane Vessel
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees. In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us. We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background. Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Vidar Vihovde, email@example.com
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 30.05.2021