Senior / Principal Engineer Marine – Offshore Wind
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
Due to a growing market within renewable energy / offshore wind, Aibel see the need to further strengthen and increase manpower in the offshore wind department in Haugesund. This department is part of the business unit Field Development and Offshore Wind and counts today close to 50 engineers in Haugesund. We need to increase the staff in several disciplines due to many ongoing and potential future projects.
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced Senior / Principal Engineer Marine, who can contribute in Aibel’s exciting future within renewable energy / offshore wind.
- Discipline lead and/or discipline engineer marine in large projects
- Participate in tender work and studies.
- Be responsible for the engineering related to structural & marine operations, i.e. main steel, fabrication, load-out, jacking, ballasting, transportation (both barge and HTV), heavy lifting etc.
- Be responsible for planning and execution of marine operations both at yard and offshore, such as: internal transport, lift with floating crane, set-down and mooring, load-in, load-out, sea transport, heavy lift and installation
- Perform strength, stability and mooring calculations and prepare design reports.
- Installation aids concept design
- Prepare marine operations procedures and manuals
- Technical input to marine procurement and subcontracts
- Be responsible for interface towards marine subcontractors and customer including Marine Warranty
- Master or bachelor degree – Marine.
- 5 years’ or more experience as marine engineer in greenfield or large modification projects, preferably within Offshore Wind sector.
- Good knowledge to rules and guidelines for marine operations (E.g. DNV offshore standards)
- Experience with offshore operations (such as sea transport, heavy lift and installation)
- Experience with yard operations (such as internal transport, lift with floating crane, mooring, load-in, load-out)
- Good competence with work towards T&I contractor (interface)
- Experience with DNV Sesam software
- Experience with PDMS/E3D and Navisworks as 3D tools
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Good multidiscipline understanding
- Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Good communications skills in Norwegian (preferable) and English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand new rules and regulations
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Department Manager Kristian Olafsrud, email@example.com
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 30.05.21