Senior/ Principal engineers - High voltage
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Are you ready to join a successful company transforming their business into the green shift, renewable market and work on some of the most exciting EPC projects within oil, gas and offshore wind?
A strategic area for Aibel is within electrification of the oil and gas industry, power from shore and renewable energy. Due to an increase in our project portfolio we are now looking for dedicated and experienced engineers to further strengthen our project organisation.
Examples of projects:
- Engineering of onshore stations and offshore modules with system and design responsibility
- Modifications in onshore and offshore installations with transition from turbine powered to electric powered compressors
- Rebuild and modification of electrical switchboards and control systems
- Powering up of unmanned satellite- platforms, subsea-installations and tie-in of offshore installations with power productions
In addition to system engineering you will also have the responsibility for:
- Electrical power system design, analysis and calculations of power supply grids (Paladin or similar)
- Responsible for evaluation of technology and vendor follow-up
- Tenders and estimation
- Discipline Responsible engineer in projects
- Development and quality control of system design documentation
- Identify power system design risks and purpose mitigations actions
Education and work experience:
- Master or Bachelor degree within relevant area
- Experience with high voltage electrical power systems design
- Experience with high voltage equipment
- Experience with studies and project execution
- Good knowledge of relevant standards, regulations and norms
- MS Office standard tools
What we are looking for:
For this position, we search for a dedicated and well experienced engineer with a cooperative working attitude. The right candidate will have the ability to contribute with their technical expertise in complex projects, especially in electrification projects with high voltage. For all our projects we write our reports in Norwegian or English. Good communications skills in Norwegian (preferable) and English, written and oral, are therefore important.We also emphasize personal qualities in relation to Aibel’s values which are responsible, visionary, open and flexible.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Birgitte Torp, Section Manager, phone +47 852 71 342
Work location: Stavanger
Application deadline: 25.10.2020, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis