Senior Process Engineer I
Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for performing process design and analysis activities for greenfield/ brownfield projects in the upstream oil and gas sector. Work typically includes development of Process Deliverables and Analysis Reports such as Simulations, Process & Utility Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams, and Process Datasheets for Equipment and Instrumentation, Process Calculations and Reports, Review of Vendor Drawings and Documentation and similar activities..
The successful candidate shall;
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head - Process Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Process Discipline on assigned areas.
- Be responsible for progress of assigned Process Engineering scope and internal and external deliverables as per the budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Process Engineering design activities and deliverables for work performed by him/ her through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Process Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer, during the development of design on projects for assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary process engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Be responsible for and manage the Process Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Be responsible to ensure that all risks related to the assigned responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required in coordination with Lead/ Senior Process Engineer.
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Process Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Process Engineering on assigned areas and be responsible for effective and timely resolution of technical issues identified as required.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer”.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs) serving in the capacity of a Process Engineer, having accrued thereof a minimum experience of 2 years in the capacity of a Senior Process Engineer.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables and internal & external interfaces.
- Possess relevant design experience with development or update of typical Process Engineering deliverables such as but not limited to Simulations, Process and Utility Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, SAFE Charts, Sizing and Hydraulic Calculations, Equipment and Instrument Process Datasheets etc.
- Possess a good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation), NORSOK, EU Directives and other relevant standards related to Process Design and Engineering.
- Shall have strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall be familiar in the use of the latest versions of Process Design and Simulation tools such as HYSYS®, UniSim®, Flare System Analyser®.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Possess good technical communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.