Senior Process Engineer l
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to the Head of System Engineering at basis level and to the Lead/Senior Process Engineer at project level.
- Implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policies as required by project.
- Adhere to Company contractual requirements, Scope Boundaries and support the Lead Engineer with the Management of change on assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Process Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer, during the development of design on projects.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary process engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Manage the Process Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Process Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Ensure that that all risks related to his/her area or responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required.
- Be responsible for the progress of assigned Process Engineering scopes, the internal and external deliverables in line with project budget and schedule.
- Support the Lead Engineer on verification activities as required by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent the Process Engineering discipline during meetings, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews and be responsible for an effective and timely resolution of identified issues.
- Provide technical support related to Process Engineering at the fabrication site, whenever required.
- Ensure the technical integrity of all Process Engineering activities and deliverables for work performed through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements.
- Continuously seek to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Safety Engineering Discipline development and experience transfer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Fixed and Floating installations) having served in the capacity of a Process Engineer, having accrued thereof a minimum experience of 2 years in the capacity of a Senior Process Engineer.
- Prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables and internal & external interfaces.
- Design experience with development and/ or update of typical Process Engineering deliverables, such as but not limited to, Simulations, Process and Utility Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, SAFE Charts, Sizing and Hydraulic Calculations, Equipment and Instrument Process Datasheets etc.
- A good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation), NORSOK, EU Directives and other relevant standards related to Process Design and Engineering.
- Strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall be familiar in the use of the latest versions of Process Design and Simulation tools such as HYSYS®, UniSim®, Flare System Analyser®, Pipenet ®
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people at all levels.
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 7 Nov 2020
Apply for the position