Senior Safety Engineer 1
- Report to the Section Manager, System Engineering at basis level and to the Lead/Senior Technical Safety Engineer at project level.
- Implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policies as required by project.
- Adhere to Company contractual requirements, Scope Boundaries and support the Lead Engineer with the Management of change on assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Technical Safety related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Technical Safety Engineer, during the development of design on projects.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Technical Safety Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary Technical Safety inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Manage the Technical Safety technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Technical Safety Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Act as the package responsible engineer for safety, life-saving and firefighting equipment.
- Ensure that that all risks related to his/her area or responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required.
- Be responsible for the progress of assigned Technical Safety scopes, the internal and external deliverables in line with project budget and schedule.
- Support the Lead/ Senior Engineer on verification activities as required by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent the Technical Safety discipline during meetings, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews and be responsible for an effective and timely resolution of identified issues.
- Provide technical support related to Technical Safety at the fabrication site, whenever required.
- Ensure the technical integrity of all Technical Safety activities and deliverables for work performed through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements.
- Continuously seek to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Technical Safety Discipline development and experience transfer.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience having worked in a multidisciplinary engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Fixed and Floating installations) having served in the capacity of a Safety Engineer, having accrued thereof a minimum experience of 2 years in the capacity of a Senior Safety Engineer.
- Must have prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces.
- Must have relevant experience with implementing Safety Design Philosophies and Specifications related to Escape and Emergency Response, Active and Passive Fire Protection, Fire and Gas detection, Design Accidental Loads, Emergency Shutdown and Human Factor Engineering.
- Must have good experience with developing Safety Engineering Deliverables related to Escape Route Layouts, Firewater Calculations and P & IDs, Fire and Gas Drawings, Hazardous Area, Noise Specification and Flare Radiation.
- Must have had exposure to supporting the development and implementation of recommendations from third party safety studies and workshops, including HAZID/ENVID, SIL Classifications, Smoke, Gas, Fire and Explosion Risk Analyses, Evacuation Analyses, QRA, ALARP assessments, Fire and Gas Mappings and Noise Studies.
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation), NORSOK, EU Directives and other relevant standards related to Technical Safety.
- Must have good computer literacy in commonly used business applications such MS Office and shall be familiar in the use of the latest versions of Technical Safety related software such as Pipenet, DNV PHAST, Flaresim or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Chemical/ Safety Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Must have good technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.