Senior Structural Designer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- E3D Modelling: Modelling of structural items of topsides of offshore structures (FPSOs & fixed platforms) in E3D, as per the Structural Design Input (SDI), Standard Drawings, Project Specifications and procedures.
- Tekla Drawing Production: Import the existing E3D model in Tekla and generate structural steel arrangement and detail drawings in Tekla from the imported model and after adding welding details in Tekla.
- Drawing production using DRAW module of E3D: Extracting 2D drawings from E3D model and further developing them in Draw module.
- Checking & Preparation of MTO and Work packs: Checking of E3D Model, Tekla Model, Structural Drawings, Preparation of Structural Steel MTO, Preparation of Work Packs.
- Responsible for technical correctness, quality and progress of 3D model and structural drawings, issue of structural drawings as per plan, in the project assigned. Be a good team player and flexible to accommodate the changes in roles and responsibilities, while meeting the project needs.
- Implement all the structural details as required by the project standards while developing drawings and follow the drawing production work flow of the project.
- Plan proactively and follow-up closely for input in order to meet the drawing release schedule, co-ordinate with the drafting team and supervisor to establish uniformity in drawing presentation.
- Be familiar with all the project requirements for 3D modelling, drawing production, methods, work-flow and project specific guidelines is using the software tools (E3D) and implement them while executing the project. Execute modelling / drawing preparation and checking of structural drawings as per the project guidelines and check lists, following the project work flow and deliver the drawings as per project plan.
- Be available to work in other locations of Aibel for a specified duration, if there is a requirement in the project.
- Inter-Discipline coordination activities.
Work experience requirements:
- Applicant must have an experience in the range of 8 to 14 years in modelling and drafting as structural designer in oil & gas projects, in an engineering organization with multi-discipline interface. Applicant must have a minimum 6 years of experience in modelling and drafting of topsides modules of offshore projects (FPSOs and Fixed platforms).
- Applicant must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in Aveva’s E3D model & Draw modules and a minimum of 6 years of experience in PDMS modelling and Draft of topsides modules of offshore structures.
- Applicant must have a minimum of Technical certificate / Diploma in Civil or Structural or Mechanical engineering.
- Skilled in using programs like E3D, PDMS, SP3D, Microstation and Autocad.
- Applicant must have experience in modelling (E3D and PDMS) of offshore projects, preparation and checking of structural drawings of topsides and must be well versed in structural steel detailing.
- Applicant must have experience in attending model reviews representing structural discipline, provide input about model progress for weekly reports, development of master deliverable register for drawings.
- Applicant shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Experience in 3D modelling of Primary, secondary and tertiary steel of topsides modules, structural detailing of topsides of FPSOs and fixed platform projects, checking of structural drawings, preparation of MTO, clash checking of 3D model and thorough understanding of the software tools like E3D / PDMS is required.
- Experience in using SP3D (Smartsketch) in projects is required.
- Experience in using international standards like API, NORSOK and Eurocodes is required.
- Applicant must have worked in projects executed from multiple locations.
- Applicant shall have working level computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 7 Nov 2020
Apply for the position