Senior Structural Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for performing the structural analysis and design of offshore steel structures (topsides modules of FPSOs and Fixed installations), preparation of calculation reports, MTO, review of the comments from client and incorporating them in the design and reports, Providing input for 3D modelling and drawing preparation, Checking of drawings, Review of vendor drawings and Inter-discipline Activities.
The successful candidate shall;
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead Structural Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head – Structural Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Structural Discipline on assigned areas.
- Be responsible for progress of assigned Structural Engineering scope and internal and external deliverables as per the budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Structural Engineering design activities and deliverables for work performed by him/ her through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Structural Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of design on projects for assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary Structural engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Be responsible for and manage the Structural Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Be responsible to ensure that all risks related to the assigned responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required in coordination with Lead Structural Engineer.
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ Senior Structural Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Structural Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Structural Engineering on assigned areas and be responsible for effective and timely resolution of technical issues identified as required.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer”.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (FPSO & Fixed installations) serving in the capacity of senior structural engineer, performing structural analysis and design of topsides modules (FPSOs & Fixed installations) using SACS software. Experience in Equinor projects and familiarity with Equinor’s Technical Requirements (TR) is required.
- Must have worked in Greenfield and brownfield offshore oil & gas projects and also in various phases of upstream projects like FEED, Basic and detailed engineering phases.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of structural analysis and design of offshore structures and multi-discipline interfaces
- Must possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as API, AISC, ISO and DNV standards in addition to Norsok & Eurocodes applicable for the design of offshore structures
- Shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall be experienced in the use of SACS Program and Mathcad. Basic knowledge of 3D softwares like E3D / PDMS and Navisworks is required.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering
- Must have experience in the analysis and design of offshore structures (FPSOs and fixed ) for a minimum period of 10 years and must be well versed in using SACS software
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Apply for the position