Senior Structural Engineer
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Senior Structural Engineer who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- Be a team member of the structural discipline and area multidiscipline teams.
- Perform structural design development for main, secondary- and outfitting steel for both concepts and detail design.
- Perform structural analyses by use of Sesam/StaadPro and hand calculations.
- Perform structural analyses for main- and temporary steel by use of Sesam, Abaqus and hand calculations
- Perform marine engineering in concepts, studies and epc-project
- Engineering check. Write design reports. Interface towards other disciplines.
- Construction/Fabrication/Marine operations follow-up.
Required Work Experience:
- Master degree in Structural engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience from NCS within Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind
- Extended knowledge within topside structural design development, in particular main- and temporary steel and the corresponding multidiscipline interfaces and coordination.
- Extended knowledge within non-linear analyses
- Structural mechanics and Constructability understanding
- Structural analyses software, such as Sesam and Abaqus
- Marine engineering and operations
- Programming skills
- Knowledge to Aibel project execution model
- Graduates will be evaluated
The candidates should have god understanding and/or experience of several of the following subjects
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Have a cooperative working attitude
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as in team
- Be systematic, accurate and independent
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Is identifying him-/herself with Aibel's company values; open, flexible, responsible and visionary
- Communicate well in English - both oral and in writing
- Good communication skills in Norwegian is preferred
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Structure, Marine Engineering & Architect Wenche Valen, Phone; +47 907 56 338
Work Place: Oslo, Asker
Application deadline: 14.10.2022