Senior Structural Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead Structural Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head – Structural Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Structural Discipline on assigned areas.
- Be responsible for progress of assigned Structural Engineering scope and internal and external deliverables as per the budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Structural Engineering design activities and deliverables for work performed by him/ her through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Structural Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of design on projects for assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary Structural engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Be responsible for and manage the Structural Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Be responsible to ensure that all risks related to the assigned responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required in coordination with Lead Structural Engineer.
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ Senior Structural Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Structural Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Structural Engineering on assigned areas and be responsible for effective and timely resolution of technical issues identified as required.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer”.
Work experience requirements:
- A total experience in the range of 8 to 12 years in a multi-discipline engineering setup doing oil & gas projects serving in the capacity of senior structural engineer.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Upstream projects performing offshore structural design of topsides modules (FPSOs and Fixed platforms) using SACS software.
- Experience in using international standards like API / AISC, NORSOK, DNV and Eurocodes for structural design of topsides modules is required.
- Worked in Greenfield and brownfield offshore oil & gas projects and also in various phases of upstream projects like FEED, Basic and detailed engineering phases. Prior work experience with medium/ large sized upstream projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of structural analysis and design of offshore structures and multi-discipline interfaces
- Applicant must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering
- Basic knowledge in using software like PDMS / E3D and Navisworks
- Developing spreadsheets in Mathcad is required. Basic knowledge of 3D softwares like E3D / PDMS and Navisworks is required.
- Performing structural analysis and design calculations of Primary, secondary and tertiary steel of topsides modules of offshore structures (using SACS software and spreadsheets), providing input to designers for structural detailing of topsides of FPSOs and fixed platform projects, checking of structural drawings and preparation of MTO.
- Strong background in structural mechanics and structural behavior of offshore structures (topsides modules)
- Self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 30 Nov 2020
Apply for the position