Senior Telecom Engineer
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Senior Telecom Engineer, who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Senior Telecom Engineer working in engineering projects in concept, study and detail phase for;
- Manned and unmanned operated offshore wind High-Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC)
- Manned and unmanned Oil and Gas offshore topsides
- Onshore installations
- Other installations requiring telecom systems
- Design of telecom communication solution and infra structure
- Develop telecom strategy, philosophy, and design solutions for telecom sub systems in general, communication network, remote operations, maintenance, monitoring and new technologies.
- Follow up of Telecom systems and technical responsible (PRE) for Telecom packages
- Follow up vendors and vendor technical documentation
- Interface to other disciplines, suppliers, platform, and client
- Perform and complete engineering documents and data registers
- Participate in relevant test activities/FAT/UFAT
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from Telecom engineering in green field projects
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from telecom design activities and responsibilities from green field offshore
- Experience and deep knowledge of telecom design according to relevant standards such as
NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, DNVGL and IEC
- Newly qualified engineers will also be considered
- We are looking for a person with the willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to future technology and solutions
- Have a cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Be systematic and accurate
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Fluent Norwegian and English skills - both orally and in writing
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Geir Tandstad, Section Manager Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 23.05.2021