Senoir Instrument Engineer ll
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead Instrumentation Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head - Instrumentation Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries.
- Be responsible for technical integrity and progress of assigned Instrumentation Engineering scope and deliverables as per the budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for preparation of Field Instrumentation deliverables as per the schedule requirements of the project. These include but not limited to
- Instrumentation Design Basis
- Metering Philosophy, Specifications & data sheets
- Specifications and Data sheets for control valves, safety valves, choke valve, on-off valves etc
- Specifications and Data sheets for Field Instruments & analysers
- Technical Bid Evaluation Reports for above
- Field Instruments & analysers specifications and data sheets
- Technical Bid Evaluation Reports
- Review and Approve Instrument vendor documents
- Review and approve instrument related deliverables from Mechanical/Electrical Package vendors, participate in Mechanical package vendor evaluations
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ package responsible Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Ensure that the work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and ensure ethical behavior at all times. Unethical behavior shall not be tolerated
- Strive to continually upgrade competence level of self
- Encourage to and seek improvements to the project costs and schedule at all times
- Refer to generic discipline deliverable list for details of discipline deliverables
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Instrumentation design engineering including a minimum of 3 years for offshore platforms or FPSO’s.
- Must have prior work experience with medium/ large sized green field projects in the offshore oil & gas industry and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces.
- Applicant shall possess relevant design experience in reputed Engineering consultancy/organisation with development of typical Instrumentation Engineering deliverables such as but not limited to Project Specifications and Philosophies, Field Instruments data sheets & specifications (Control valves, shutdown valves, Choke valves, Level Instruments, Pressure Instruments etc.), Metering Systems.
- Applicant shall have prior experience in handling as a Package Responsible engineer(PRE) in greenfield offshore projects(platforms or FPSOs) for at least two of the following major Instrument packages – control valves, shutdown valves, safety valves, flow metering systems, Analysers. Must have handled complete cycle from datasheets, RFQ, Technical bid evaluation, Purchase requisition, post order vendor drawing review/approval.
- Hands on experience in SPI or AVEVA Instrumentation would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation Engineering. Electrical or Chemical Engineers with relevant work experience as per above may also apply.
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation),IEC, NORSOK, EU Directives ATEx, IECex requirements and other relevant standards related to Instrumentation Engineering.
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- A high level of energy and ability to work under pressure and complexity
- Genuine interest and appreciation of people
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notify."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 8 July 2022
Apply for the position