Software Asset Manager
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Software Asset Manager (SAM) shall take a larger responsibility in regards of the overall license monitoring, while being responsible for a portfolio of Software Assets. SAM will have a central role in further development of our future software asset handling. You will do monthly reconciliation of the licensing accounts and supplementary reporting that will highlight potential risks, non-compliance and optimization proposals where you will provide an opportunity to make correct and optimal software licensing decisions.
- Proactively search for opportunities for optimizing licenses and costs
- Assist IT management with forecasting, cost reporting and cost benchmarking activities
- Communicate and anchor business opportunities hereunder take a leading role in economic scenario modelling, preferably in PowerBI
- Supports business development and investment activities as appropriate; hereunder building business cases
- Joint responsibility with Procurement for purchase of new IT Assets including participate in and/or lead vendor negotiations
- Take lead role in IT Asset audits
- Actively monitor license developments that are relevant for the software portfolio
- Prepare research reports and recommendations across the spectrum of license assets including establish, maintain, and analyze appropriate sources/databases of license information to effectively identify trends
- Participate in IT Advisory Board and provide advises on investment and operational license costs
- Establish routines for controlling the contents in the repository tool
- Responsible for documentation of all relevant license activities
- In cooperation with IT service partners, plan and perform technological refresh of the software, hereunder OpenIT/ Snow/ ACS, including establish processes and monitor results for updating the software asset management tools
- Manage the license administration according to the ITIL framework and IT W3 processes, including establish routines for minimizing risk from unlicensed software
Education and work experience:
- Relevant Master or Bachelor. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal qualifications.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in budgeting, forecasting, cost follow-up and reporting, with knowledge of Excel and/or PowerBI
- 2-5 years of relevant experience within license management, preferably in larger organizations
What we are looking for:
- A person with contractual and commercial understanding
- A strategic mindset and is motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Good analytical and technical skills and good knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
- Language: Fluent in Norwegian and English, oral and written
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
Application due: 30.09.2020
Contact person: Nils- Kristian Midttveit, Phone 852 69 451
Work Location: Bergen, Stavanger, Haugesund or Oslo.