Static Equipment Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Execute and co-ordinate all activities under the job holder’s responsibility
- As directed by higher reports: assist, or provide inputs to, the Discipline Lead Engineer, for the following:
- Defining project scope, schedule and resources
- Establish discipline deliverables, interface definition and coordination
- Define and perform monitoring, control and reporting of progress
- Attend meetings and provide technical support
- supervision of personnel assigned to support the job holder
- Perform Package Engineering, including:
- Preparation of technical documentation towards procurement of mechanical equipment and packages from suppliers and vendors
- Review of supplier engineering documentation while interfacing with other disciplines/departments to assure engineering integration of equipment/packages overseen by Job Holder in a timely manner
- Conduct surveillance of vendor activities e.g. kick-off meetings, progress monitoring and expediting, equipment testing, etc.
- Take part in site supervision of construction, installation, testing, commissioning and handover activities
- Preparation, modification and review of documents and/or drawings as per discipline deliverable list
- Participate in studies and reviews where required because of the equipment/package handled by Job Holder e.g. HAZOP, Model Reviews, etc.
- Encourage to and seek improvements to the project costs and schedule at all times
- Support the project organization in meeting project objectives along with other team members
- Carrying out all tasks assigned by superior in accordance with the discipline procedures and practices
- Ensure compliance to QHSE requirements (maintain a positive and safe work environment), and support improvements in QHSE
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures, and support improvements in discipline work processes and procedures
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and ensure ethical behaviour at all times. Unethical behaviour shall not be tolerated
- Provide guidance and/or supervise less experienced engineers
- Continuous self-learning to increase technical competence, and experience transfer including input to lessons learnt activities, training of junior engineers and peers
- Operate with High Competency Levels e.g. communicate effectively at all levels, teamwork, etc.
- Provide input to performance appraisals for employees under job holder’s supervision
- Accepts all tasks of a lower level and, in concurrence with the superior, certain tasks of a higher level
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Conversant with international codes and standards
- Good oral and written communication skills (English)
- 1~6 years of experience in Static Equipment/Packages in oil, gas or petrochemical (OGP) industry
- Has experience in pressure vessel detailed design, including mechanical design via spreadsheet or software e.g. PVElite, BJac, etc., and vessel fabrication drawing preparation.
- If >3years experience, important to have Package Engineering experience with typical offshore or equivalent mechanical/multi-disciplinary packages e.g. separators, heat exchangers, flare tips, standard air compressor package, R.O. water makers, pedestal cranes, Chemical Injection, TEG package, custom engineered complex packages, etc.
- High competency levels for multi-disciplinary collaborative work, in a manner that increases the efforts of others, in a multi-national environment
- Understands technical requirements of other disciplines/departments at equipment/package interfaces
- Familiar with the standard engineering tools used in the OGP industry
- Experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Thermal Design experience on HTRI or HTFS
- Process knowledge of static packages e.g. Separators, Hydrocyclone packages, etc.
- Prior relevant work experience with a company that supplies similar package equipment
- Experience working with UKCS, Norwegian, or Brazilian regulatory standards