Structural engineer - Jacket
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Engineers within Jacket designe to strengthen our Concepts and Studies in Oslo. As a Jacket design engineer you will designe and simultation of Jackets and follow up in JAcket studies, tenders and executin projects including construction.
About the position
You will be building up computer models and performing various types of structural analyses necessary to perform studies, FEEDs and detail design of various jacket concepts. You will be required to document and communicate the results both at final delivery through technical reporting, but also at regularly basis with the other team members and project manager. Knowing Aibel’s business is not a essential, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Analysis within fatigue, ship impact, seismic
- Transport and transport fatigue analysis
- Lift and upending analysis
- Master`s degree or equivalent within structural engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Preferably experience within one or more of Oil and Gas, or Offshore Wind projects
- Experienced with Jacket analysis and design, construction and project execution
- Good English skills, both oral and writing
- Multidiciplin understanding
- Proactiv, informativ and capable of untraditinal conceptual thinking and challenging established truths
- High level of personal effiviency and anle to priorities necessary documentation to close tasks.
- Enjoy collaborating with groups and working in teams
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our strategy is to strengthen and grow the company’s strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Senior Manager Geir Høilund Stenvaag, email@example.com
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 09.06.2023, we process applications continuously