Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Trainee Designer will undergo training and upon completion of training will be responsible for the following:
- Perform the tasks assigned by the Lead Designer in the project assigned.
- Carry out 3D modelling of structural, piping, electrical and instrument items of offshore fixed platforms and FPSOs using software packages like PDMS / E3D. Preparation of engineering drawings using standard technical software packages like E3D-Draw, Tekla(Structural), Microstation and Autocad.
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Review 3D model (PDMS/E3D/Navisworks) and/or 2D (Microstation/Autocad) design and drawings developed by others.
- Ensure that work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and ensure ethical behaviour at all times.
- Take ownership of your career by continually upgrading your competence level.
- ITE / Diploma in Engineering ( Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Civil / Structural / Marine)
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to build good working relations, internally and across departments and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate openly and directly.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A good team player who is willing to share knowledge and experience.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.