Trainee Designer - Instrumentation
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Perform the tasks assigned by the lead designer in the project assigned.
- Carry out 3D modelling of Instrumentation items of offshore fixed platforms and FPSOs using software packages like PDMS / E3D. Preparation of engineering drawings using standard technical software packages like E3D-Draw, Microstation and Autocad.
- Design and Model cable tray layouts, cable routings
- Carry out Instrumentation Engineering activities such as preparation of cable schedules, Wiring diagrams, Loop Diagrams using software such as Smart plant Instrumentation/Aveva Instrumentation/others.
- Prepare Instrument Installation drawings, Hook up drawings, Bulk MTO etc
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Ensure that work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and ensure ethical behaviour at all times.
- Take ownership of your career by continually upgrading your competence level.
Work experience requirements:
- Diploma in Instrumentation/Electrical/Chemical Engineering
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicant shall have strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Word, MS excel, Teams etc
- Strong analytical skills, systematic and structured approach
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to build good working relations, internally and across departments and disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A good team player who is willing to share knowledge and experience
- A high level of energy and ability to work under pressure and complexity
- Genuine interest and appreciation of people
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notify."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 8 July 2022
Apply for the position