Trainee Engineer - Electrical
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Understand and interpret project specifications, philosophies, and drawings
- Perform tasks in a project, as assigned by the lead or senior engineer.
- Carry out electrical analysis using software’s like febdok as directed by the Lead or Senior Engineers.
- Perform electrical sizing calculations like transformer sizing, diesel generator sizing, cable sizing, lighting, heat tracing etc. using excel spreadsheets or vendor software’s.
- Develop / update data sheets, IO list, load list, cable schedule etc.
- Review of 3D model (E3D/Navisworks) and checking electrical layout drawings in MicroStation/AutoCAD.
- Develop / update engineering documents like specifications, philosophies, reports etc.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering disciplines to provide and receive inputs, for further engineering activities.
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Perform interdisciplinary checks on documents and drawings.
- Attend project meetings and actively participate in technical discussions
- Produce electrical work packages for installation.
- Ensure the technical integrity of all Electrical Engineering activities and deliverables for work performed through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and always ensure ethical behaviour.
- Take ownership of your career by continually upgrading the competence level.
Work experience requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong analytical skills, systematic and structured approach
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to communicate openly and directly.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment to achieve project goals
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Office
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notify."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 13 April 2023
Apply for the position