Trainee Engineer - Instrumentation
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Perform the tasks assigned by the lead engineer in the project assigned.
- Carry out calculations using standard technical software packages as directed by the Lead / Senior Engineers.
- Support the Lead/Senior Engineers in meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Understand and interpret project specifications, philosophies and drawings
- Produce and review engineering deliverables.
- Revise existing documentation and drawings.
- Perform discipline checks and put up produced documents and drawings for approvals.
- Perform interdisciplinary checks on documents and drawings.
- Review 3D (PDMS/E3D/Navisworks) and/or 2D (Microstation/Autocad) design and drawings.
- Attend project meetings and actively participate in technical discussions
- Produce work packages for installation.
- Conduct quality assurance and improvement of work processes and implementation methods.
- Ensure that work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and ensure ethical behavior at all times.
- Take ownership of your career by continually upgrading your competence level.
- Contribute improvements to project costs and schedule.
Work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation/Electrical/Chemical Engineering
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicant shall have strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Word, MS excel, Teams etc
- Strong analytical skills, systematic and structured approach
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to build good working relations, internally and across departments and disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A good team player who is willing to share knowledge and experience
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notify."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 17 February 2024