Trainee Engineer - Piping
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Understand and interpret project specifications, philosophies, and drawings
- Perform the tasks in a project, as assigned by the lead or engineer in-Charge.
- Familiarize the use of 3D model software (E3D) and able to read / review the facilities in 3D model and extract the details as appropriate. NOTE: 3D model development is by others.
- Pipe Stress Analyses:
- Prepare critical line list as per the criticality criteria
- Prepare input model in CAESAR II software and should be able to check the model developed by others for correctness
- Run stress analyses software and should be able to read the results and understand the impact
- Perform associated calculations such as Flange leak and fatigue evaluation as per spread sheet with the understanding of the content
- Prepare stress isometrics with the necessary details incorporated such as Pipe restraints and Line data
- Prepare stress analysis Report
- Piping material Engineering:
- Update Piping Material Class Specifications
- Prepare Pipe thickness Calculations
- Prepare Data sheets for Valve and Specialties
- Prepare Requisitions for Valves and Specility items
- Prepare MTO for Piping Bulk, Valve and Pipe supports
- Collaborate closely with other Engineering disciplines to provide and receive inputs, for further engineering activities.
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Perform interdisciplinary checks on documents and drawings (Example: Checking of isometric drawings with respect to Stress and/or Piping Materials)
- Attend project meetings and actively participate in technical discussions
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the specified QHSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and always ensure ethical behaviour.
- Take ownership of your career by continually upgrading the competence level.
Work experience requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Material Engineering
- Strong analytical skills, systematic and structured approach
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to communicate openly and directly.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment to achieve project goals
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Office
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notify."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 11 June 2022
Apply for the position