Trainee Engineer - Structural
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Understand and interpret project specifications, philosophies, and drawings
- Perform the tasks in a project, as assigned by the lead or senior engineer.
- Carry out structural analysis and calculations using standard technical software packages like Staad.Pro and SACS as directed by the Lead or Senior Engineers.
- Perform Local design calculations (like design of deck plate, secondary beams / stringers, design of joint nodes and equipment support structures, etc.) using spreadsheets in Mathcad or Excel
- Prepare of Structural Design Input (SDI) for 3D Modelling
- Develop/update of tools such as spreadsheets for performing routine Structural Engineering calculations
- Review of the 3D model and Checking of Structural Drawings
- Develop / Update Structural Calculation Reports
- Collaborate closely with other Engineering disciplines to provide and receive inputs, for further engineering activities.
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Perform interdisciplinary checks on documents and drawings.
- Attend project meetings and actively participate in technical discussions
- Produce work packages for installation.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the specified QHSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and always ensure ethical behaviour.
- Take ownership of your career by continually upgrading the competence level.
Work experience requirements:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Strong analytical skills, systematic and structured approach
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to communicate openly and directly.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment to achieve project goals
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Office
“We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 11 June 2022
Apply for the position